Handmade Catholic Rosaries and Jewelry

This the Blog where I share my faith, my Rosaries, and other good things!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Our Lady of Grace Antique Reproduction Medal Necklace

My rosaries sell quickly enough that I always have to be thinking ahead of what beads I will be ordering next.  The design rules are pretty straightforward, but I still like to think of some way that I can make them a little unique.

For this reason I don't have much time to think about new designs for jewelry pieces as much as I would like.  But what I really enjoy about making a necklace is that there are no rules..or specific bead numbers that one has to follow.  In fact it is really fun to try and make something totally different whenever I can.

So yesterday I enjoyed making this necklace because it was just that...very different from my rosaries and from any of the necklaces I have made in the past.  I like the fact that I can wear it with any color, either casually or formally.  Because it has fewer beads, and links of fine chain, it is lightweight and easy to wear.  Sometimes I think simple is the way to go....and that's what I was aiming at with this necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment